Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Focus: Graphic 45

Editor's note; we are extending the Friday Focus additional discount on all things Graphic 45 for another week to give our customers more opportunity to grab a bargain!

Hello, Friends!  It's Kathy here, and I'm excited to be hosting the Friday Focus. This time around, we are featuring the gorgeous Graphic 45 product line.  This means that all that scrumptious designer papers as well as the  co-ordinating stamps, chipboard, stickers, pockets and tags will be on sale in the Funkie Junkie Boutique with an additional 15% discount for the next two weeks.  Oh, what a happy day!

I confess to a complete and utter addiction to the Graphic 45 product line.  The weight of the papers is perfect for card making, scrapbooking, mixed media and off the page projects.  I adore the rich color palettes and the vintage images make my heart go pitty pat. If you love to fussy cut (as I do!) then you will find the Graphic 45 papers to be a fussy cutter's paradise.    The patterns are ridiculously fun to layer up, too, as they are designed to play well together. Since the very first line I purchased many moons ago was Communique, I thought it would be fun to work up a few cards to whet your appetite for the Friday Focus sale.


This 6" x 6" top fold card was made by layering the patterned papers, and then framing the focal image with the Tim Holtz pocket watch frame. (I'll be back on the 9th to share a step-out tutorial for this card, and I'll share all the details with you then. )





 Masculine cards are a breeze to make when Graphic 45 is on hand!  I layered up loads of patterned paper, then added some fun embellishments to make this card really special.  The pen nibs, muse tokens, gears, metal corners and hinge clips can all be found in the Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I love to finish the inside of these special cards, often adding a pocket, envelope or tag to the mix.

The little policy envelope is suspended on a strip of patterned paper from the collection and held in place with a red paper clip.  One could tuck a monetary gift, personal note,  tickets or gift card into the pocket.  This is the top half of the card interior.

On the bottom, I layered more papers together, added a lovely sentiment from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set and then tucked an individually wrapped chocolate into the pocket just for fun.


This pocket card was made with a Brenda Walton Bigz XL die from the shop.  This was so much fun to create, as the die does all the heavy lifting.  All I had to do was add a few paper layers!


For the insert, I layered up more Communique papers and then propped my fussy cut image up on foam adhesive.  The sentiment (Wendy Vecchi) was die cut and stitched to a black mat.  I invited feathers, a filigree circle, a vintage heart, hinge clip  and some fun gold netting trim to the party!  There's room on the back to write a personal note.  I think this design would be a fun hostess gift or party favor.

I hope that you can see now why I'm such a big fan of Graphic 45!   The versatility, quality and wonderful sense of whimsy has won my heart!  The only thing better than Graphic 45 is... Graphic 45 on SALE!  It's the perfect opportunity to stock up on your favorite Graphic 45 supplies...but you'd better get there before I do!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy




12 comments:

  1. Utterly amazing Kathy!!! I love each and every one of your gorgeous projects - and my goodness, aren't these papers versatile! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous collection of projects Kathy! You sure know how to work those papers. I love how you blend colours and patterns and everything flows perfectly! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome! It amazes me to see the inside is as beautiful as the outside as I always forget to add anything other than a sentiment on the inside. Gorgeous display of the Graphic 45 papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful display of your creativity! The inside is as awesome as the outside!! I am always on the hunt for awesome masculine-card inspiration, these are great Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, Kathy! Where do you find the time to make all of these gorgeous creations you keep blogging? Each one of them is fabulous! These G45 cards are gorgeous. I just LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, NOBODY does such fantastic things with these G45 papers like you do and in such mass! I swear there are 4 Kathy's tucked into that one little body of yours! What an amazing collection of wonderful projects you've made here! I pick up my thankfulness album every day and just gawk! You're a treasure and thank you for sharing your gifts with us! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful set of cards for us to drool over Kathy. lol You always have such great ideas and are kind enough to share them all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so very much! I find such joy when I am creating, and knowing that my efforts have inspired you, makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love LOVE, Kathy. I wasn't crazy about this collection until I saw your samples. These are incredible. The papers are wonderful and you have taking them to another degree with all the fun embellishments. Thank you for providing such gorgeous eye candy to inspire our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, Kathy. G45 is my fave paper line and I've made several things with Communique. Thanks for the inspiration to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love all your projects Kathy! You rocked these papers! <3

    ReplyDelete