Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Focus: Texture Fades

Hello, It's Zoe here with Friday Focus at Frilly and Funkie. Friday Focus is when we highlight a particular product or range from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and for the following two weeks there will be an extra 15% discount off that particular product.

This week we're featuring Texture Fades embossing folders!


I'm a big fan of Texture Fades and have quite a collection. I love the new dies that come with Texture Fades folders so you can cut and emboss, like the butterfly duo on these cards.


I embossed distress watercolour card stock with the globes texture fades folder and sprayed with antique linen, broken china and walnut stain distress sprays. Once dry I cut numbers and stars from the side and bottom of the card with the Thinlits shape strips dies and mounted metallic card stock underneath.


I stamped a sentiment from the perspective stamp set by Tim Holtz onto sticky back canvas with jet black archival ink and coloured with distress markers. I mounted onto metallic cardstock and 3D foam and attached to the card.


I added a strip of vintage dictionary paper and lace from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range. Finally I added an adornment arrow to the body of the butterfly and stitched the edges with my sewing machine.


For this card I used the mesh texture fades folder and distress inks instead of the sprays to give a less intense colour.


I used another sentiment from the perspective stamp set onto sticky back canvas. I love stamping onto sticky back canvas  because it has a real vintage look.


Texture fades folders are a great way to make an interesting background or bring highlights to the dies with accompanying folders, such as the butterfly duo.


All the products I used are available from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and don't forget that all texture fades embossing folders will have an extra 15% discount for the next two weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.
Zoe 



19 comments:

  1. Quite simply STUNNING!!! These are both absolutely superb Zoe and perfectly show the versatility and necessity of these folders. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations - thanks Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Awe at all the lovely textures .. Now Texture Fades are in my wish list :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Zoe and I love your work with the texture fades! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful designs and colours Zoe and I love the addition of the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Zoe, love the mesh background. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really stunning cards! Zoe in both design and execution . Thanks for sharing and inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are lovely, I especially love the shade of blue. I also really like the shading on your sweet butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are lovely, I especially love the shade of blue. I also really like the shading on your sweet butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just delightful in every beautiful detail! I love the layers you created and the depth you achieved by using the folders. And the color palette is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty both of these cards are, Zoe! Thank you for inspiring me to create my own (http://onecraftycreature.blogspot.com/2016/01/live-your-dream-with-passion_26.html)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of these cards are lovely.These give me inspiration to create cards with embossing. Janny

      Delete
    2. Both of these cards are lovely.These give me inspiration to create cards with embossing. Janny

      Delete
  12. Zoe,
    You are a master of texture fades!! I can't take my eyes off of your stunning projects. Both are so rich in color, texture, and dimension. Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete