Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Focus- Distress Paint

Happy Friday everyone, Nicole here and it's my turn to share with you the Friday Focus! This Friday we get to focus on Distress Paints! And for that reason there is an extra 15% discount applied to them for the next two weeks at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I love having Distress Paints in my stash!  They are so versatile and offer a great punch of color. They are great for making a quick background, inking your favorite die cuts and adding color to metal embellishments! I used my Distress Paints to create a washed out background and I watercolored the Bird Crazy image!
 

To create a watercolor look simply dab a little distress paint on your craft sheet and dip your watercolor brush in the paint and apply. This creates a bold pop of color! The Umbrella Man umbrella is cut on Mat Board and yep, more Distress Paints Weathered Wood and Bundled Sage.


I wanted to make it look like it was raining. I used the Dot Fade stencil, Faded Jeans distress marker and the Spritzer. I created a mask to put over the umbrella and bird.


I cut "cherish" on watercolor paper from the new Thinlits Love die. 

Tip; Using the magnetic plate, layer your paper, some wax paper and the Thinlits die. Run through your die cutting machine 3-4 passes to get a good clean cut. The multiple passes and wax paper help your paper pop right out and reduces tearing.


I wanted to spruce up the inside. I stamped Celebrate from the new Handwritten Sentiments and stamped again from Simple Sayings, Life. Another bird is tucked into the corner.


All layered on Core Paper adds that grungy feel. 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and check out our Friday Focus page to see all the yummy Distress Paints. This is my take on a Sympathy Card. I prefer creating celebration cards!
 
Below are the thumbnail links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique for all the products used in my project. Don't forget, as the Distress Paints are the Friday Focus for the next two weeks there is an extra 15% discount applied, so it's a great time to stock up!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic tutorial Nicole! I love the design for this card and that moody rain background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Nicole... Love the watercolour effect with the paints. Really great background which makes the crazy bird in the rain stand out beautifully. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, what a sweet sympathy card...one to surely bring a smile to the recipient's face. I am loving that little bird (s) and especially the way you've colored him with the Distress paints. Great idea with the umbrella and rain drops! DP's and sale--what a one-two hit--I'll be right over, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Nicole and a wonderful use of distress paints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and adorable card. Love the distressed look with the paints and the little bird made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card and a fabulous use of distress paints! Fantastic!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really fabulous card Nicole, love the bird with the umbrella! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card Nicole, I love the colour and the little bird is so loveable!! Loving the inside too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Nicole, I love those crazy birds! Great idea to use the umbrella man umbrella too.

    ReplyDelete