Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Focus - Maja Design

All righty then, here we go with this week's Friday Focus.  Thanks so much for joining us today.  Linda here with a little home dec project made with the absolutely gorgeous Maja Design Walking in the Forest 12x12" collection. This week our Friday Focus is on Maja Design papers which will be 15% off my already low prices.  I have new Maja stock that just came in yesterday and it's a great time to grab some of these wonderful collections, many are available in both the 12x12" and 6x6" paper pads.

This is a photo heavy post with not much technique involved so with a very few comments, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.  I wanted to create a project that really showcased all the beautiful papers in this collection.
It has so many wonderful colors and patterns.  It's probably the most beautiful fall collection of designer papers I have ever seen.  It features 18 double sided sheets.  
I love the way the blue jean blues have been blended in with the traditional warm neutrals of autumn.  
I used the Vintage Cabinet Card die and the mini Movers and Shapers companion to cut my main panels.  
Both of the die cut panels have been mounted on fairly heavy chipboard, also die cut to line up perfectly.  This gives the accordion fold piece a good sturdy base.  
The leaves were die cut with the Tattered Leaves die.  All edges were sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  
I used a lot of little embellies from my boutique as accents.  I didn't go crazy with the embellies because I wanted to let the beauty of the paper shine through.  One of the embellishments was a lovely feather from a baby peacock.  When we lived in Miami we had flocks of peacocks roaming the neighborhood. The babies shed their fluffy baby feathers and I used to find them in our yard occasionally.  You can't see it but it shines with peacock blue at the end.  
I couldn't resist adding a rustic touch with a small strip of burlap.  
And there you have it!  Sorry to be late with the posting, but this project took a lot longer than I had planned.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  


11 comments:

  1. Ohhh my goodness Linda, some fabuloso creations you made here, wowwzersss LOVE it, fabulous colors and detaills you have added to the cabinet cards. Amazingly made Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Won't it be beautiful down the table, on a sideboard, anywhere, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly jawdroppingly delicious, Linda! And well worth waiting a couple of extra hours for... Beautiful use of the papers and of the cabinet card die, and all those leaves look just exquisite. This would grace any mantelpiece or shelf. Wonderful autumnal crafting!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW Linda!!! Certainly worth the wait!! This is absolutely wonderful. Love these colours and the way your natural embellishments blend seamlessly with them. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Linda! It was certainly worth waiting for. I couldn't resist ordering those gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous make Linda, the papers are gorgeous and so is your design. Love this. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda. I'm really glad I ordered this paper the other day. This is soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Linda ! I love the colours and the papers really do speak for themselves ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Thanksgiving table décor is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete