Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Step X Step - wendy vecchi inspired tag

well it is my turn here at Frilly and Funkie to do a Saturday StepXStep and as the Funkie Junkie boutique has just had a lot of yummy new Wendy Vecchi items, including stencils, stamps and yummy texture paste ! so here is my step X step:


So I will warn you there are quite a few photos..hope you hang in there! All the links for the fab goodies will be at the end. 

I started by using part of one of the masks ( flower stems ) and the yummy studio 490 paste in white ( I love this and have used it loads and loads!) . I masked off the other areas of the mask so I was just left with the stem and applied the paste through this piece.


The reason I did this is I knew other wise I would get paste through all sorts of bits of the stencil that I didn't want! ( This is a fab stencil as it has 3 different flowers an stems). When dry and this dries fairly quickly and can always be wafted with heat if imaptient...I added some of the same paste through a Dylusions number stencil too. Now to get inky!

I lightly spritzed the tag with water and then with Dylusions sprays in blues and melted chocolate ( brown).



I spritzed a bit of extra water and then blotted off using kitchen roll.


I then heat dried the tag and dabbed into some of the remaining droplets on my craft sheet. to build up the layers .

Now for the next layer, the clever thing about Dylusions is you can still remove colour using water ..a technique Dyan Reavely calls faux bleach. So I placed a large circle stencil over areas of the tag and spritzed with water.

The longer you let the water sit before blotting off the more bleached it looks, i.e the more colour is removed.



I then added some layers of stamping using text from live and make art...Wendy Vecchi and also from mixed media set by  Tim Holtz . the great thing is these large stamps can be inked up and rolled on to the cardstock to create partially stamped images.


I then edged with walnut stain distress ink. ..hope you are still with me!?

Now onto the fab flowers again from the live and make art set I applied Dylusions in same way as background to a piece of cardstock and then stamped the flowers on the reverse so that when cut out you don't see the stamped edge but get the fab shape!



I then edged the flowers in peacock feathers and vintage photo distress inks..

The details are below...I added some curled wire for stems..Some of Linda's fab rusty safety pins for leaves and some idea-ology cogs for flower centres.( you know me and cogs!)

 
I dyed some seam binding and added a twist of wire and a wonderful sentiment from the same fab set live and make art.

Well if you have made it to the end...thanks.hope you like this make and the cool thing is there are so many fab colour combinations I now want to try...and I am  a neutral girl at heart!


all the goodies are linked below...



have a fun and inky day!
trace x 


24 comments:

  1. Sooooo beautiful, love all the details. thank you for sharing, Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace, this is absolutely stunning, and the step x step is so informative, I'm going to give this a try. Love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fantastic ideas here Trace. I will definitely be bookmarking this tutorial for future use. Can't wait to play with that wonderful paste now. Love those rusted safety pins as leaves too! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting textures and so on going on here - brilliant and thanks for the detailed explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very valuable tutorial ! Full of great ideas, gorgeous colours, textures and love the cogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great tutorial and a fab project Trace, thank you! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, stunning tag!!! I love how you did the background, great step by step! So clever too to just use part of the mask!! And I totally love the colour combination, blue and brown just do it for me every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trace
    this is a fab tag I am loving all those layers and dimentions and your colour combo is a winner. Really stunning tag, love it
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I made it to the end. Loved the pics and all the steps. I haven't tried the modeling paste yet. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous...love the colours and I luuurve Wendy flowers! A fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Love the rusty wire and safety pins on the flower stems!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is amazing - love it to pieces Trace and a great tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great tag with lovely techniques!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous tag, Trace, and a brilliant step-by-step taking us through it - fab techniques and great photos of them too! Thank you...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tag and tutorial Trace! Thank-you so much for all the lovely details. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fav colours of mine... Great idea to make the stamps stand out this way; the space you got for the flowers and the flowers as well are great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fabulous tag Trace - that background is amazing and thanks foe a great tutorial. Love the wire stems too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tag Trace, love the colours and the flowers are stunning. Great tutorial too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag, love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous tag Trace, love how the colours have blended together so beautifully. Great step x step showing how to used Dylusions sprays. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fantastic tutorial Trace and really very inspiring. I haven't used my Dylusion sprays for ages but I can feel some inky play coming on!! Love the rusty pins too. . . . .
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete